Need to change your daily routine?
Wish to bring positive change to a community and promote solidarity?
Interested in environmental protection, nature conservation or sustainable development?
Then become part of the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) project and join our Sunce team in Split, Croatia!
Go Green Skopje is searching for 2 volunteers who will join Association Sunce team for a twelve (12) month period in Croatia, with start dates on November 1st 2020 or December 1st 2020. You can choose which date you wish to start on.
You will have paid accommodation, receive a monthly food allowance and pocket money, your health insurance and the journey from and to your home country will be covered by the ESC project. In addition, you will have an opportunity for a free Croatian language course.
Are you a suitable candidate?
You can apply to take part in this ESC project if you fulfill the following conditions:
- You are aged between 18-30 years old (you must complete the project before you turn 31)
- You have interest in environmental and educational topics and like to work with local children and youth
- You are motivated to learn and to act
- You have basic knowledge of English or Croatian
Those interested in volunteering should send a CV letter, specify which date you wish to start your volunteering service (November 1st 2020 or December 1st 2020) and answer the following questions by October 26th 2020 at the latest to email@example.com:
Why are you the best candidate for this ESC project?
Describe your ideas and suggestions on how you want to contribute to this ESC project?
Describe how Association Sunce can contribute, to give you an unforgettable year of your life with this ESC project?
ABOUT THE ESC project „Solidarity for Green Dalmatia 2020”
Aims of this ESC project are:
- raised awareness about importance of nature conservation and environmental protection
- improved environmentally responsible behavior among locals and visitors in Split
- raised engagement of citizens in issues related to the preservation of a healthy environment
- evaluated needs and organisation’s impacts in the local community
- encouraged local community to engage in volunteering activities
long-term project (12 months) – one volunteer from November 1st 2020 till October 31st 2021, and the other volunteer from December 1st 2020 till November 30th 2021
Croatia, Split – Association for Nature, Environment and Sustainable Development Sunce (city center, located in Dalmatian county on the shores of beautiful Adriatic Sea)
Fields of action:
- Climate action, environment and nature protection
- Educational activities – participate in designing, planning, organisation and evaluation of public green events (exhibitions, workshops, lectures, public celebrations, outdoor tasks, bicycle tours etc.) and do a promotional and informational ‘live’ campaign, specifically on Zero Waste way of life (*optional);
- Encourage active involvement of youth – development of communication materials (brochure, e-brochures, pamphlet, leaflet, booklet, video, web site, social networks etc.), design, create and disseminate materials, but also motivate young people towards international volunteering and being proactive;
- Unite the locals through public green events – promote environmentally responsible behaviors through use of quality material, avoiding single use plastic, organising separate waste collection etc. during public events (exhibitions, public celebrations, bicycle tours etc.)
It is preferred to spend 6 working hours per day, 5 days a week from Monday till Friday.
Target groups: Volunteers will work with local children, youngsters and local community in general
Number of volunteers: 2 volunteers from Republic of North Macedonia will be selected
Participant’s profile: Project is available for all young people from ages 18 to 30 (you must complete the project before you turn 31). Volunteers should be under no criminal record (due to work with children). Selection of participants will be done regardless of race, class, gender, sexual orientation or education level.
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements
Volunteers will live in a shared apartment in Split, with taxes, heating, water and electricity and internet included. Every volunteer will have his/her own private room. Volunteers will receive money on a monthly basis to buy and cook their own food, to keep the flat clean and to take the local transport (if necessary). They will also receive monthly pocket money. All in all, your arrival, stay and deaprture is completely free!
ESC trainings & language course
Volunteers will attend two ESC trainings; on-arrival training and mid-term training, managed by the Croatian National Agency. These trainings will enable you to meet other ESC volunteers in Croatia, meet NA staff and evaluate your project.
The Association will also provide a Croatian language course, adjusted to the needs and knowledge of volunteers.
What’s in it for you?
This ESC project will allow you to:
- meet new friends
- acquire new skills, knowledge
- engage active participation
- receive environmental education so you can create a positive change in a local community wherever you go
- learn Croatian language for free
- take initiative for the tasks and express interests in subjects and topics that suit you
- receive a Youthpass certificate that confirms participation in ESC project and describes gained skills
Above all, it will give the possibility of enjoying 300 sunny days per year, warm Mediterranean climate, delicious Dalmatian gastronomy and an independent life abroad!
In the meantime, enjoy some of the pictures taken by our 2018 and 2019 EVS and ESS volunteers.
Most of Association Sunce’s daily tasks are related to increasing public awareness, educating young generations, promoting sustainable development principles, improving efficiency of protected areas and organising public events
Each year, from 2015, Sunce welcomes 2 international volunteers who support us in different tasks in the office, on events and projects, and also add their own ideas according to individual interests and skills.
If you have any further questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the label “ESC in Split”.