The goals of the camp were to raise awareness on how to live sustainably in nature, to inspire change in the daily lives of young people with practical examples, to impart to them skills and competencies to lead and implement a campaign, and to set up a basis for an international platform of cooperation between the people of Macedonia and France. The camp gathered 45 young people, ages 14-18.
The upcoming activities of the project are (September-December):
– Research “Reducing Individual Carbon Footprint” – 5000 young people will be engaged
– Youth debate and magazine – The conclusions from the research will be printed in a magazine, presented, and debated at the event.
– Climate Change Day in elementary schools – Activities will be organized in 100 schools that aim to stimulate learning and action among teachers and pupils.
– Educational campaign and Facebook photo competition – The topics of the competition will be “sun, wind, soil and water” and “waste has its own purpose”. The winning photos of the competition will be exhibited.
– Photo exhibition and Awards ceremony – The winners of the photo competition will be awarded and the project results will be presented.