Young people are not aware of the importance of places that are touristic and valuable to the
country that they live in. The rise of tourism in such places additionally is making the places
more and more non-environmental friendly. The increase of the numbers of tourists coming
every year in North Macedonia is making the country’s finest places like Ohrid and Krushevo
lose their status of protected places.
The purpose of the project is to raise awareness among young people from different cities in North
Macedonia about the importance of environmental protection of touristic places.
The main objectives of the projects are:
- to engage young people in clean up actions in touristic places
- to raise awareness about the importance of proper waste management for green touris
The implementation of the project will include several activities:
- Press conference for UN World Environmental Day
- Clean up actions in Krushevo, Ohrid, Prilep, Bitola and Skopje
- Online knowledge on environmental topics
- Youth Activation Camp for Green Tourism
- Final Event
The project is financed by the French Embassy in Skopje.